Applications are now CLOSED for our 2018 cohort
Why should you apply?
Get paid to work for yourself, on your own idea, with your team for the summer
On-campus office space in the GMB for 12 weeks
Access to an elite, specialised programme of experts and mentors who will help you to advance your idea
Follow-on supports from the LaunchBox and LaunchPad team
The chance to win a cash prize at our final event, Demo Day, held in August
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Potential impact / innovation of your idea
- Plan - both for LaunchBox and beyond, including traction to date, and/or future plans to progress
- Strength of team to deliver on the idea
So be sure and cover the above in your application form!
Application support: Key Dates
- 6, 7 & 8 February – 15 minute drop-in sessions with Alison to look through your application Book your appointment now.
- 11 February – Deadline for applications (23:59)
If you are shortlisted
- Week of the 19th of February - You will have a short interview with a LaunchBox associate who will pass on her/his findings to the judges
- 26th & 27th of February - 1:1 pitch practice session (30 minutes)
- Thursday, 1 March - Pitch Night: Pitch for your place on LaunchBox with a panel of expert judges deciding which ten startups will make it through to LaunchBox 2018
Application Supports: What you need to know
We have a lot of supports available for students considering LaunchBox.
- You can meet with Alison Treacy, Programme Manager of LaunchBox, or the LaunchPad team ahead of submitting your application to ask questions or just to find out more. Book in for a chat here.
Application drop-in sessions will be available the week before applications are due. These will be 15 minute sessions where you can do a quick check / run-through your application to ask any questions you may have before submitting.
If your application is successful, you and your team will be pitching at our Pitch Night for a place on LaunchBox. Ahead of the Pitch Night, each successful team will be given 1:1 session with pitch practice, advice and feedback given in a friendly and informal environment.
Come along to our Information Events – you can meet other students, hear more about the programme and even ask LaunchBox alumni questions.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Check that you are eligible to apply for LaunchBox
2. Register your Venture AND any and all team-members/co-founders on LaunchPadTrinity.org
3. Schedule an appointment with us. Appointments or 'coaching sessions' are required to apply.
4. Fill out and submit an application form by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 Sunday 11 February.
Please note: teams who are successfully shortlisted based on their applications will be pitching for their place on LaunchBox on 1st March 2018. It is essential that teams interested in LaunchBox are available on this date.